So, you’ve got your flight tickets, your accommodations are all planned out and confirmed, and your rental car is waiting for you on arrival. You got a great vacation package that saves you a bundle of money, and you can’t wait to arrive. But did you ever stop to think about all the little extras you’ll have to shell out for? A lot of little things can add up to a large sum of money, making you feel as though you never saved a penny at all. Here are some tips and tricks to help you take advantage of some great Walt Disney World vacation deals that your travel agent probably didn’t tell you about.
Remember, a little bit saved here and there can add up to a lot!
- Share Expenses: one incredible way to save money on your trip is to team up with another family and share some of your expenses. You’ll find that things you may not have considered before suddenly become affordable and realistic share the rental of a minivan between two families, and take turns driving. Or split the cost of a vacation home or condo there should be more than enough space! Traveling with friends also brings an extra dynamic to the trip, which means you’ll have more fun!
- Shop for Souvenirs at Mickey’s Mart: if you have children, they’re going to want souvenirs you can’t avoid it! But this great Walt Disney World vacation deal will help to cure the gimmies with less strain on your wallet. Mickey’s Mart is located in the Downtown Disney Marketplace, and everything there is ten dollars or less! There are mugs, stuffed toys, pens and key chains, and there are even pre-packed surprise bags for kids.
- Take Advantage of the Disney Photopass: when photographers take your picture in various spots across the parks, they’ll hand you something called a Photopass that links all of the pictures taken by photographers in the park into one online photo album. You can view and order your photos there, but the best Photopass deal is to purchase all the photos on a CD for one low price. It can hold up to 500 photos, and you’ll be able to view and print your photos as often as you want!
- Parking: if you’re a guest at a Disney resort or an annual pass holder, you’ll be able to park for free. However, although parking at the theme parks is $10 per day, you can leave and come back as long as you show your receipt upon returning to the park.
- Scour Newspapers and websites for discount codes: it’s a little known fact that some of the best Walt Disney World vacation deals are found in Disney newspaper advertisements or faxes received by your travel agent. Ask your agent if he’s received any faxes from Disney lately, and visit your local library for access to a wide variety of newspapers from across the country page through the travel section and take a close look at the ads! These can be codes for discounts on accommodations, entrance fee, a dining plan… anything! Just be patient, and keep looking.
Check our friends' websites